There’s good news for homeowners looking to save energy while improving the comfort, beauty and value of their homes. The recently passed Energy Star tax credit offers a federal tax credit of up to $200 for replacement windows and $500 for replacement doors.
Replacing windows and doors with energy-efficient products qualifies for this tax credit – including our Infinity from Marvin Windows and Waudena Millwork entry doors.
Infinity from Marvin already leads the market in beauty, performance and durability. Now these revolutionary windows can qualify homeowners for tax savings, too. For more information on our windows, visit www.wrightwaybuilt.com.
How to Qualify for the Tax Credit
1. Window had to be put into place between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017. Windows and doors must have an Energy Star qualifying U-Factor and a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC).
2. Save the purchase receipt and/or all NFRC/Energy Star labels from the windows and doors installed.
3. Print and retain Manufacturer’s Statement of qualification for tax credit.
4. Submit IRS Tax Form 5695 when you file your taxes.
Details of the Tax Credit
1. Tax credit is based on 10% of the product cost of Marvin windows (up to $200) and doors (up to $500). Installation costs do not apply toward the credit.
2. The credit is available on projects completed in 2017. Lifetime caps do apply.
3. The credit applies to the homeowner’s principal residence only.
4. A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction of your tax liability. Therefore, up to $500 can be subtracted directly from the amount of tax that is owed, or added to a tax refund.
This summary information is provided as a convenience and may not be relied upon as a substitute for professional tax advice. All purchasers are advised to consult a professional tax advisor to determine whether the products they purchase qualify for the tax credit.
Marvin Manufacturer Certificate
IRS Form 5695